Weekly ‘Sustainability Matters’ Column
We have a weekly ‘Sustainability Matters’ column and sustainability noticeboard in the Northern Standard. We are always on the lookout for material and individuals or groups are very welcome to submit articles for consideration. In particular, if you have an event related to sustainability coming up, or you were at a great talk, or just want to write about a topic that is close to your heart, please get in touch!
We also have representatives on County Monaghan’s Public Participation Network (PPN) as well as the four Strategic Policy Committees of the County Council. These SPCs are: Environment and Transport; Economic Development & Enterprise Support; Social Cultural and Community Development; Arts & Housing. They have an input into the direction of the County Council’s work. They are your REPS, so if you have any queries or suggestions please get in touch with us on email@example.com and we will pass on the message.
Events we have organised in the past
- Celebrating Transition Launch Event
- Guided ‘Wild and Edible Plant’ walk of Rossmore Park
- Trip to Cloughjordan Eco – Village
- Eco and Sustainability Film Screenings
- Transition Year Environmental Studies Module
- Introduction to Permaculture Weekend Course
- Low Cost Energy Home Seminar
- An Spud Off Mór, potato tasting competition
- Tree and Seed Identification walk
We are always open to suggestions and new events. We are very happy to collaborate with and support other groups in their efforts. As we are a voluntary organisation, we are only as strong as our members. IF you’d like to make Monaghan a more sustainable place for the future, then please get in touch!